So you're hearing the pleas and you want to support ... But money is kind of an object right now so how can you pull through for the community??
Supporting Local Without Spending A Dime
Engage In Social media
Take the time to like, follow, comment, repost and interact with your local social media community.
- write meaningful comments (i.e. read the full post)
- share profiles/posts that resonate
- tag people you think would be interested/ share with your feed!
Write Some Reviews
Write up some reviews on Google, Facebook, Yelp, Company Website etc for your favorite local spots - include pictures if you can (this means SO much)!
Tips for meaningful reviews:
- include pictures
- include details you'd look for when scanning reviews
- follow-up with company before leaving negative review
E-mail Blast Your Faves
Send an email or text blast to your community sharing some of your go-to local businesses!
- Copy some links
- Share some profiles
- Take up Canva for an impromptu friends-list newsletter
- Recommendations for go-to spots
Share A Link To Donate
Share a link to donate to community initiatives and organizations for others to participants in.
- ask for donations and set up a campaign link on Facebook
- share a donation link (can usually be found on organization's websites)
- browse platforms like Trellis and pick a campaign to support
Post Content On Your Platform
Share your personal experiences with local businesses on your personal/ professional social media!
- create a story highlight for local businesses
- take a good quality picture and tag the business
- write a blog post for your (and/or their) blog
Offer Your Services/ Time
If you're able/willing, offer your services to small businesses + initiatives who may be in need (it never hurts to ask!)
- create tutorials or info-blogs sharing pro tips
- donate your time by offering your expertise
- share a post about the services you can offer
Reach Out To Your Community
Reach out to your community, send them words of encouragement, be a shoulder, ask them how you can best support them.
- check-in with your local businesses
- share words of encouragement and positive messages
- stay connected (from a social distance)
So, What Are Your Favs?
We'll be sharing our local favs and small businesses across Canada in another post - but we wanted to hear yours! We'll compile those as well to make sure we give out all the love and support they deserve...
In the comments below can you answer these questions,
1. what are some of your favs?
2. how do you support local/small businesses (so we can try it out too!)?