• Call 911, go to the nearest emergency room or follow the emergency instructions provided by your doctor, mental health professional or care team. If your community has a mental health car, you can call 911 to request it.
  • Call 1-800-SUICIDE (1-800-784-2433) to get help right away, any time of day or night. It’s a free call.
  • Your Local Crisis Line: call 1-888-353-2273 24 hours a day to connect to a BC crisis line, without a wait or busy signal. The crisis line operators have received advanced training in mental health issues and services by members of the BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions Information.
  • Community Response Team (CRT): 250-212-8533 Operates 11:30am-9:00pm seven days a week.
  • Kid’s Help Phone: for children and youth aged 5 to 20. Call 1-800-668-6868 to speak to a professional counsellor, 24 hours a day. It’s free, confidential, anonymous and available across Canada. They can also refer you to local services and resources. Kid’s Help Phone is available in English and French.


  • Your Local Crisis Line: crisis lines aren’t only for people in crisis. You can call for information on local services or if you just need someone to talk to. See the number in the previous section.
  • BC Partners for Mental Health and Addictions Information: visit for the Mental Disorder Toolkit, more fact sheets and personal stories about mental disorders. The Toolkit is full of information, including templates for creating your action plan and tips for avoiding crisis and emergencies.
  • Mental Health and Substance Use Services: 505 Doyle Avenue, 250-469-7070  (during office hours).
  • Foundry Kelowna: for youth aged 12- 24 and their families, 100-1815 Kirschner Road, 236-420-2803, drop in from 2 – 5pm.


For each service below, if English is not your first language, say the name of your preferred language in English to be connected to an interpreter. More than 100 languages are available.

  • HealthLink BC: call 811 or visit to access free, non-emergency health information for anyone in your family, including mental health information. Through 811, you can also speak to a registered nurse about symptoms you’re worried about, or a pharmacist about medication questions.
  • BC Alcohol and Drug Information and Referral Service: call 1-800-663-1441  to talk to someone about substance use. They can also connect you with local substance use resources. It’s available 24 hours a day.


Disclaimer: We are not medical professionals and are not able to provide licensed medical advice. This is a platform to relay information and share about mental illness. and its messaging service are not monitored 24/7 if you are in crisis please reach out to 1.833.456.4566 or 911 in an emergency.

Credit to CMHA Kelowna for the above information.